Hits4Pay

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Basic Gray Birthday

I know Mother's Day is just a few days away, and I sooooo need to be working on the three cards we'll be giving on that day, but I saw THIS card and wanted to create a birthday card along the same lines.

I didn't have the same paper by K&Co. (love it!) as the original card, but I thought I could make it work using my Basic Gray Two Scoops paper. For my cardstock base, I used a chocolate Bazzil. The rectangle background piece is vellum layered on top of a piece of vanilla cardstock by Creative Memories. I dry embossed the vellum using my Cuttlebug and the Textile Texture embossing folder. Then I ran a Delta pigment ink dauber across the vellum to help the embossing stand out more. I love the way this looks!


I cut the bird out using my Cricut Expressions machine and the Joys of the Season cartridge. After cutting it out, I embossed the swirls using my VersaMark pad. The sentiment was stamped using my new Studio G stamp. Both the bird and the sentiment were then heat embossed using clear embossing powder. I added some Prima flowers and some silk flowers (from Oriental Trading) with gold brads in the center, plus a creamy organdy ribbon for embellishments.

I hope the recipient loves this card as much as I do! Happy Wednesday.




No comments: