Hits4Pay

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Teacher Appreciation Day 1---Thank You Card

This week at Taylor's school is Teacher Appreciation Week. The students can bring something for each day (Thank You card day, School Supply Day, Snack Day, Pamper Your Teacher Day, and Gift Card Day) or just pick one day. OF COURSE Taylor wanted to do something every day, so here's her card for Thank You Card day....

She picked this paper from the DCWV Glitter Mat Stack because "my teacher REALLLLLY likes purple". She wanted to use my stamps, so she picked this one by Stampin' Up (A Little Birdie Told Me set). She stamped it onto white cardstock, heat embossed it, and then colored it with my markers. We used my Cricut Expression and Cricut Design Studio to cut the scalloped pink mat, and she mounted it on pop dots for more dimension.


Inside, Taylor used the "you're the best" sentiment stamp from the same Stampin' Up set, as well as the smaller birdie and flower stamp. She also heat embossed all stamped images and then used my markers to color the bird, the flower, and to doodle around each and every sentiment! :)


You'll also see that she decorated the back of the card. I love her creativity!


Creating the envelope was my only contribution to this project! I used my Cricut Expression and Cricut Design Studio to cut out the envie. Because the flap was a little too short, I punched two holes and used ribbon to close it. I also used my Martha Stewart Lace Edge Punch so it wouldn't be so plain.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: