Hits4Pay

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Teacher Appreciation Day 2---School Supplies

Tuesday was School Supply Day for Teacher Appreciation Week. We got a pop-up sticky note holder, some dry erase markers, some Sharpies, and a notepad. Once again, because "my teacher loooooves purple", Taylor chose this paper....


The Creative Memories Gazebo paper was used to help create this gift box for Taylor's gift. First, I covered a square priority mail box with brown craft paper and added the decorative paper to each side. The white scalloped paper is Creative Memories cardstock and I used my Cricut Expression and Design Studio to cut it to the right size. Both papers were inked on the edges using a Delta pigment ink dauber.



Each purple mat was stamped with the largest swirl from Rhonda Ferrar's Autumn Leaves stamp set and then heat embossed. I added a purple satin ribbon covered by a sheer white ribbon all the way around the box, and tied a bow using a sheer purple ribbon on one side.



The butterflies were all cut out of Creative Memories paper using my Cricut Expression, then inked, and added to each side of our gift box. I also added some small clear bead accents to each side.




I had a couple of extra butterflies, so I attached them to a couple of the gifts inside the box!


I used a metal-rimmed vellum tag from a set I found at Wal-Mart the other day. Using my new Studio G alphabet stamps, I stamped the sentiment and then heat embossed using a clear embossing powder. The tag was then tied to the handle of the box using a sheer purple ribbon. Speaking of the handle, I made it by punching a hole in the box and using a thick gauge wire. It was then covered with purple satin ribbon.

Taylor took this to her teacher on Tuesday. I really hope she likes it!

No comments: